Our last meeting was held on 6 December 2023 in Troy, MI.
The North American Deep Drawing Research Group is pleased to announce their Annual Spring Meeting on Wednesday May 1 in Troy, Michigan. Autoform USA will host the event at the PNC Building (755 W. Big Beaver Road, Troy, MI).
Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Breakfast will be available starting at 7:30am, and the meeting will start at 8:15am.
Presentations are invited covering recent work on advanced sheet metal alloys related to formability, fracture, sheared edge formability, bendability, lubrication, press technology, forming simulation, interaction between forming processes and product performance (for example, crash worthiness), and other related topics.
This meeting will have a strong focus on the topics of springback and edge cracking. Presentations on these topics are encouraged.
We invite you to make a presentation to your peers on a relevant topic – it is a great way to network with and get feedback from the best minds in the industry. Please send your name, company presentation title, and the amount of time requested for the presentation to ProgramChair@NADDRG.org as soon as possible.
Topics will be posted closer to the meeting date.
Advance Registration and Payment is required for this meeting – no walk-ins will be allowed.
Registration is as simple as paying for the May 1st 2024 NADDRG meeting by clicking on the link below.
- If you are paying for someone else, please let us know who.
- If you want to use a major credit card, click on the Paypal option below – you’ll see the credit card option near the bottom of the next screen. For explicit directions with screenshots, Click Here for Registration Steps When Using a Credit Card instead of Paypal.
At the December 2023 meeting, we heard about many topics listed below.
- Improving the Reliability of the Hole Expansion Test Using Artificial Intelligence
- Automated testing and machine learning applied to sheet metal forming
- Physics-Informed Artificial Intelligence for Enhanced Forming Design and Manufacturing
- AI-assisted feedback to sheet metal stamping processes for automotive applications
- Experimental Measurement of the Stress Gradient in a Bent Sheet
- Simulation of trimming of UHSS and understanding of mechanisms driving sheared edge stretchability
- In-Plane Torsion Testing and Modeling for DDQ Steel Characterization Under Large Deformations
- ANN enhanced plasticity modeling and ductile fracture characterization of commercially pure Ti
- Sustainable Steel and Coating for Hot Stamping
- Forming limit characterization of PHS1800 under hot stamping conditions, experiment and model