The next NADDRG meeting will be held virtually in May 2021 – check back soon for details.
Our last meeting was held virtually on 10 and 11 December 2020. It was a success!!
The NADDRG 2021 Fall Symposium will be held in December, 2021, at the Inn at St. John’s in Plymouth, MI (44045 Five Mile Rd, Plymouth MI 48170). Breakfast will be available starting at 7:30am, and the meeting will start at 8:30am.
You can pay for the December 2021 NADDRG Symposium with a Credit Card by clicking on the link below, if you really want to. But we recommend waiting until we have finalized a date.
- If you are a guest, please let us know your member contact. If you are paying for someone else, please let us know who.
- Even if you are going to pay on-site, please let us know if you are coming using the contact form on this page – we need to give the venue an accurate count for breakfast, lunch, and breaks.
Please contact the the Program Chair with the form on this page if you wish to present at the event. You can email the Chair directly at ProgramChair@NADDRG.org.
If you are not a member of NADDRG, you may attend one meeting as a Guest of a member in good standing. Attending subsequent meetings will require you to become a Provisional Member.
At the December 2020 meeting, we heard about many topics listed below.
- Strain rate and temperature dependencies on plasticity and ductile fracture of metal sheets.
- Acoustic Emission Sensor to Monitor Fracture during Forming
- Using Deep Learning for Modeling Path-Dependent Plasticity and Process Control
- Engineering Microstructures for Superplasticity in AA5083 with Accumulative Roll Bonding (ARB)
- Modelling of Fracture in Hot-Stamped Tailor-Welded Blanks of Advanced High-Strength Steels
- Stress-Strain Measurement in Hydraulic Bulging
- Effects of AHSS Gauge and Punch Radius in Three-Point Bending
- Room-temperature hole-expansion of AA7075 in –T6 and –W tempers
- Laser trimming as a secondary process for stamped parts
- Laser metal deposition for repairs & enhancements
- Simplified Technique for Laboratory Application of lubricant to Sheet Metal
- …and more!
At the November 2019 meeting, we heard about many topics listed below. We hope to see you at the next meeting!
- Heat and Temperature in Hot Stamping
- Effects of welds on the forming behaviors of Laser Welded Blanks
- Formability of Tailor Welded Blanks
- Stress-based Failure Detection Method in the VDA 238-100 Tight Radius Bend Test
- Fracture Anisotropy in AHSS Steels
- GISSMO Fracture Modeling of AHSS Steel
- Deformation of Q&P Steels: Adiabatic Heating and Sheet Orientation
- Estimating Variability in Stamping Panel Outcomes Arising from Material Noise
- Review of the International Centre for Innovative Manufacturing Projects
- Mitigation of Edge Cracking During Accumulative Roll Bonding (ARB) of Aluminum Strips
- Addressing Future Transportation Challenges with Steel
- Aspects of Analysis of Sheared Edge Based on Surface Image
- Fatigue Damage of Trim Die with Orientation Dependence
- CAE-based process design for improving formability in hot stamping
- Formability Characterization of AA5182-O using Marciniak, Nakazima, and Stretch-Bend Tests with Curvature and Strain-Rate Based Limit Strain Detection Methods
- Laser Heat Treating of Automotive Dies
- Industry 4.0: Press Side Die Lubrication
- …and more!
Let us know what you want to present at the next meeting!